Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I can knit! (sort of)

As part of a trade for helping her setup her new website (still a work in progress, but it'll be up soon), Meg from Sudz 'n Dudz sent me a set of Denise knitting needles. I've been coveting them for a while, and was thrilled to finally get my hands on some. WOOO!

I was anxious to learn to knit in the round. My first project, a hat, was a total disaster. Despite my being extremely careful, there were dropped stitches and various other weirdness EVERYWHERE. It was so bad, I actually threw it away. Thank goodness I have enough sense to use cheap acrylic yarn when I'm learning something new.

Luckily, my second attempt turned out so much better. Again I used cheap acrylic yarn expecting another disaster, so it's not the highest-quality... but at least the knitting itself turned out ok. Not perfect, but not too bad for a beginner.

as always, click for bigger




As a side note, in case you were wondering, I hate double-pointed needles.

One response to “I can knit! (sort of)”

Miss T said...

You *can knit, great hat!