Friday, May 25, 2007

First "real" post!

Woo hoo, I have time to post!

So much to catch up on...

Firstly, I had my first OB appointment this week. Yes, I know it's WAY early, but after what happened in January, I'm more than a little freaked out this time around. The nurse practitioner was so very nice. They did a test just to confirm, and surprise, it was positive! Wooo! (FYI, my doctor's office uses tests identical to those $1 tests they sell at Dollar Tree stores. So if you ever find yourself thinking "OMFG, a pregnancy test costs how much?!" rest assured that the cheapy Dollar Tree brand are just as good.) They also took some blood to run some fun tests on. I have no idea what they're testing for, but I haven't gotten any ominous calls yet, so I won't worry about it too much.

On the work front things are going well. I'm nearing completion of a rather largish project, so that's always lovely. For the few of you tech people who may or may not be reading this, it's a monthly report writing system that employs awesome AJAX technology... it's all slick and autosaving and cool.

At home, things are also nice and happy. Ellie is awesome, and becomes more fun to be around every day. Her latest word... booger. Ha! And yes, she knows what it means and will demonstrate this by sticking her finger up her nose as she says it. No, I do not know where she learned this, but I can't help but crack up. 14-month-olds are a riot!

In other Ellie news, according to my mother-in-law, Ellie thinks I resemble a 40-year-old Judy Garland. Apparently yesterday Ellie was carrying around the cover to one of the Judy Garland Show DVD sets I have (which can be seen here), and kept pointing while saying "Mama! Mama!". I'm rather miffed by this as I think I look NOTHING like this said picture of Miss Garland. Perhaps she was just trying to get the point across that the DVD set in question was 100% Mommy's since Daddy would not be caught dead owning such a thing. Although, when she looks at Kevin's Justice League sets, she does not say Daddy, but usually points to Batman and utters "Bah-mah". Toddlers are weird.

One response to “First "real" post!”

Leah said...

Ellie is the coolest darn toddler ever!